Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: From where can I download a good region killer for my PC's DVD player.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member The Mighty Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    1,940
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I've got the old region killer, but it doesn't seem to work with certain DVD's, and I can't find an update.

    Can anyone please help me out with this?
    Is there a better region program out there?

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner TCM Hitchhiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    9,480
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I would like to know this too, Preferably free.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Cemetery Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2004
    Posts
    2,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'd like to know too. Mine has that region lock deal where you can only change the region 5 or 6 times before it finalizes the region permanently. But I'm guessing this is like most PC DVD players...

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner TCM Hitchhiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    9,480
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Yeah CM, mine is the same way. The main reason I want one, is because the Japanese released Godzilla DVDs have tons of extras that are left out of the US releases. I won't be able to understand the audio, but it will be plenty of visual goodness to help sooth my constant need for kaiju goodies.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Cemetery Can's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2004
    Posts
    2,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh I hear ya- and for me it's the uncut Euro Cemetery Man DVD. Which I've put off buying because of the region difference.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member profbobo's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2004
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Best way to do it is two-fold (but free). First, search for a region-free firmware for your drive ... there's tons available at http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php

    If you've never done it before, make sure to read up before doing it; updating with hacked firmware is probably voiding your warranty.

    Once that's done, grab DVD Genie from http://inmatrix.com/ (also free). Once the drive is region free, you can choose whatever region you want to play in the DVD Genie program. I have mine set up to automatically detect what region the disc is when it's inserted; it autoswitches the region and launches the player.

    If that's all too intimidating (or if there's no firmware available for your player), you could also purchase DVD Region-Free for a nominal price at http://www.dvdidle.com/

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Thew's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    2,347
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    what is the point of region dvd's anyways

  8. #8
    Inactive Member The Mighty Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    1,940
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thanx profbobo

    for the others I've also managed to find a site with the Region Killer updates and downloads.

    http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/3/7/3-7-18.shtml

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner TCM Hitchhiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2004
    Posts
    9,480
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Cool, thanks for the info. guys, I will be looking into this!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •